A glass of milk is packed with vitamins and minerals that can help maintain overall health and wellbeing. The goodness of milk can help build bones.
A glass of milk is packed with vitamins and minerals that can help maintain overall health and wellbeing.
The goodness of milk can help build bones, assist in weight management and lower blood pressure. Milk can help to reduce insulin resistance and the risk of some cancers. It can also give you something to smile about because milk helps people to grow and maintain healthy teeth.
|Protein||For growth and to build maintain the body|
|Fat||Needed for energy and the absorbption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D E and K|
|Carbohydrate||Lactose is the main carbohydrate in milk – it is an important source of energy|
|Calcium||Needed for healthy bones and teeth|
|Phosphorus||A vital part of all the body’s cells|
|Magnesium||Important in bone mineralization and nerve impulses|
|Zinc||For a good immune system and healthy growth|
|Vitamin A||Essential for vision and maintaining the immune system|
|Riboflavin||Needed to break down the energy that we get from food|
|Vitamin B12||For new cell formation and growth|
Did you know?
One 250ml serving of whole milk contains:
- As much protein as a grade A large egg
- More thiamine, riboflavin and niacin than a slice of 100 per cent whole wheat bread
- Half the cholesterol of 100g of sole or cod fish
- Less fat than 250g of lean ground beef
- Almost as much potassium as a banana
- Nearly 75 per cent of the vitamin A in half a cup of cooked broccol